Here’s that Caesar Salad (again) from V’con. Really, we can’t get enough of it. The top is chicken seitan sauteed with just a little tamari added at the end. It boosts the flavor and really compliments the dressing. I could eat that dressing with a spoon.
These are the Snobby Joes from V’con, with a side of Deli Style Macaroni Salad (also V’con). My husband isn’t a huge fan of macaroni salad, so I made a half recipe. Never again. It would have been great to have some left over. Instead, we devoured it. Clearly, I wasn’t the only one who liked it. We didn’t have radishes, so I subbed some chopped onion.
All this brought to mind some of the dishes that I make more than I think. Here’s a short list:
- tempeh reubens (VwaV)
- lentil soup (mine)
- caesar salad (V’con)
- salt and pepper tofu (V’con)
- hoisin seitan (pretty much from the bottle, with additions)
- tofu scramble (it’s not a weekend without a scramble)
- any old stir fry (if it’s in the fridge, it’s in the wok)
- bbq seitan (I could eat this every day)
- cornbread (that award winning recipe I posted before)
- soup (usually 2 a week the kinds vary. Today, it was black bean from V’con)
I’m sure there are more, they just aren’t jumping out at me right now.
Tonight’s dinner: Linguini Puttanesca and Italian Baked Tofu (VwaV).